Grand Terrace is strategically located between the cities of Riverside and San Bernardino along the 1-215 corridor.
This community of 12,500 is known for its peaceful atmosphere, beautiful neighborhoods, high performing schools, an active library, and safe streets.
Modified Service Counter Hours click here....
PC Hearing Notice 01.15.2015 click here...
The City of Grand Terrace is Accepting Applications to Fill One Vacancy on the City Council
The Mayor and City Council invite interested residents to complete an application for one vacancy on the Grand Terrace City Council, which occurred as a result of the November 4, 2014 election.
The appointment to fill the vacancy, created by the election of Darcy McNaboe as the Mayor, is for the remainder of the unexpired term. The term will expire November, 2016. Applicants must be 18 years of age, reside within the corporate limits of the City of Grand Terrace, and be registered to vote in the City of Grand Terrace at the time the application is submitted.
Applications are available in the City Clerk's Office, at the Grand Terrace Branch Library, at the Grand Terrace Child Care Center and on the City's website at www.cityofgrandterrace.org.
The deadline for filing the application is January 5, 2015, by 5:00 p.m., in the City Clerk’s Office located at City Hall, 22795 Barton Road, in Grand Terrace. Applicants will be interviewed at a regular meeting of the City Council held on Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 6:00 p.m.
For more information regarding the appointment process, please contact the City Clerk's Department at (909) 430-2212.
Appointment Process to Fill Vacant Council Seat Timeline:
1. Application will be available on the City's website and at 3 locations (City Hall, Library and Child Care Center).
2. Completed applications must be received by 5:00 pm on January 5, 2015. Applications may be submitted in person, by mail and by fax.
3. Applications will be provided to the City Council in the agenda packet for the January 13, 2015 which will be distributed to the members of Council and public on January 7, 2015 via the City’s website.
4. Interviews and selection will take place at the January 13, 2015 City Council Meeting.
5. At the January 27, 2015 City Council Meeting, appointee will take their Oath of Office.
City Council Appointment Application click here....